The Junior Data Recovery Engineer is a specialist technician responsible for the recovery and repairs of data from a broad
range of rotational, solid state media and mobile devices.
The role involves providing quality and efficient services to customers (corporate and private), repairing
mechanically damaged devices and the use of software to extract data from damaged devices, all under supervision from the senior engineers.
As the junior in-house technical expert, you will be required to complete the work at our onsite Data Recovery laboratory.
The successful incumbent will have intermediate interaction with the Sales and Customer Services team to promote
and deliver the services to the highest company standards.
- Perform specialist data recovery technical engineering tasks
- Adhere to the customer devices repair schedules
- Perform cost effective investigations of damaged media ahead of repair and extraction
- Provide timely and accurate data recovery details to the Sales and Customer service representatives
- Record and manage work hours daily
- Assist and train other engineers, as required
- Research new technical solutions, as directed
- Stay abreast of latest technology in the advancing area of Data Recovery
Key Performance Indicators:
- Time sheet accuracy and daily entries
- Investigation cycle times
- Repair and data recovery cycle time
- Data extraction and loading onto fresh media cycle time
- Research and present to engineers on the agreed number of new technologies
- Meet the Satisfaction Survey quota (>95%).
- Represent the company values of Pride, Honesty, and Improvement
Experience, Skills, Qualifications:
- 2+ years experience working in a customer service environment
- Relevant tertiary education in IT or Electronics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- General IT systems knowledge and understanding
- Basic data recovery knowledge would be an advantage
- Basic knowledge of relevant industry toolsets